Sunday, August 19, 2007

Weekend Wrapup

It's a lazy Sunday afternoon.

I say that with approval, with respect. I love my Sunday afternoons.

Of course, in a couple of weeks Sunday becomes just like every other day. One which will require at least some level of work done to fulfill my Clemson coverage requirements. But again, I'm not complaining. It beats digging ditches. And having done that for a summer, I know of which I speak.

Anyway, just a quick take today to mention the great time we had at Easley on Friday night for the first high school football broadcast of the year. Tom, Tosh and I were greeted warmly again, as we always are. And we ended up with another good, exciting game (in case you didn't know, announcers hate blowouts almost as bad as the losing coach).

Check out our website - www.wccpfm.com - each week for a few paragraphs of my thoughts on each game, plus audio highlights. It's another new addition to what we feel is the best high school football coverage in the state.

It gets further enhanced this week when Stan Olenik joins us for the second straight season with his 30-minute Upstate preview show and postgame scoreboard show. He'll be along for the ride the rest of the year.

It promises to be fun, for sure. Now, back to my regularly scheduled nap.

See you Monday morning, 9 a.m.-Noon, for Cruise Control, and then Monday night (7-9 p.m.) at Croc's off Pelham Road in Greenville for some preseason Monday Night Football.

No comments: