Saturday, May 30, 2009

Catching Up

The quiet momentum I wrote about in my last post went to Hell in a Handbasket with my trip to Durham for the ACC Baseball Tournament.

Again, there is no consistency to be found. And there's still the overwhelming problem of trying to get motivated again. It just isn't happening.

I'm hoping that with baseball season ending sometime in the next 2-3 weeks, depending on how far Clemson advances, that some stability will lead to a routine I can follow.

Of course the bottom line here is that there will always be some obstacle to overcome. It's been true all 17 months I've been battling this thing. It's just that in the past I've been able to get through the abyss.

Now, for the last five months, it's been one step forward and two steps back.

And I'm certainly not going to get anywhere that way.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wish I could kick you in the rear, shake you to wake up or whatever it might take to get you going again....in reading your posts, it sounds like you are approaching it as all or nothing. Success probably lies in the middle. Chip away at it, eat a little less, exercise a little more and you will move forward. Remember, quitting is not an option.

Anonymous said...

Quitting is exactly what he's done. You either want to do it or you don't. Five months of excuses is all you've given us.

You could be at 300 lbs by now. But you're not.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you need a big dose of John Defendis....

Anonymous said...

OK Baseball is over, what is your excuse going to be now? Get with it Dan, one day at a time. If John Defendis is not enough to motivate you then there is no hope. The choice is yours and only you can decide to do this. What is it going to be?