Thursday, April 3, 2008

Sunshine, And Then Some

Coming to you tonight from Titusville, Fla.

I lived here for 18 great months over 1991-92. Made some lifelong friends, worked in both radio and newspaper...got to watch a dozen space shuttle launches.

I'm stopping here tonight on my way to Miami for Clemson's series this weekend. In the car about 8 1/2 hours on the way here. Traveling like that has always been an excuse to eat - candy, sodas, burgers...anything you can eat on the run.

Today though I was good. Lots of water. A Subway roast beef on wheat. Some sunflower seeds.

It also helped that I had the Reds-Diamondbacks game on via XM Radio to keep me company. Took my mind off wanting to eat out of habit (by the way, Reds win 3-2. Johnny Cueto rocks!).

Tonight it's dinner with friends. A little later than I should, but it will be fine.

One big challenge looming, though.

A guy at the ballpark in Miami makes and sells the absolute best milkshakes in the world. It's no contest. Nothing comes close.

And I'm there for three games.

Sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yankees Win.
Mickey