Friday, December 28, 2007

Another Temptation

Another family gathering tonight. Another chance to fall off the wagon. But overall I think I did pretty well.

Stayed away from the chocolate cake, the lemon drop cake, various cookies and even ice cream that came out later. Needless to say it was extremely difficult sitting there watching others indulge, but I made up for it by focusing on the music trivia game were were playing and beating hell out of the entire room.

You have your moments of triumph. I have mine.

Thankfully the holidays are almost over. Up next is a night or two in Atlanta to cover the Chick-Fil-A Bowl. Once that's done, my follow-up visit to the doctor is Jan. 3.

Get through the out of town temptations, get clearance from the doc to begin physical workouts, and we will be ready to kick this thing into another gear.

My friends and family continue to be very supportive in all this (though they offer said support through a mouthful of cake. But I digress...LOL).

I hope they stay on my case and don't let me waver.

Next weigh-in day (Wed., Jan. 3) seems like a long time away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dan, Ask yourself if he ever misses? You know the man Jesus quoted on hell.

12 for 12 - isaiah666.com