Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Post-Christmas Good News

I could hardly believe it when I stepped on the scale today.

Through a weekend that included a Christmas party, a big dinner with our friends from England and the Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinners, I still lost three pounds. Since last Friday.

That's 12 pounds in the first nine days.

It was somewhat astounding, by my standards anyway. But I continue to maintain that the two biggest factors at the moment are the amount of water I'm taking in and the sugar I'm not.

That, along with maintaining my no white carbs approach has been successful so far.

I go back to the doctor on Jan. 3, and immediately following that I intend to begin a workout schedule of some sort. I know that's a key to getting major weight off, but I also know me. I've learned from my past failures.

If my mind isn't exactly right heading into working out, it won't happen. Much like the overall lifestyle change. I had to be shocked into changing the way I eat. Now adding the exercise is the next step.

So far I couldn't be more pleased with the way things have gone. I know there will be difficult days ahead. However, I hope now I have the strength to get through it.

I know I have the support. Thanks to all of you again for the emails and phone calls.

They mean more than you can possibly know.

No comments: