Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve musings

The last couple of days have been interesting.

Christmas party on Friday. Work for a bit at Wingin' It on Saturday. Friends from England over for dinner on Sunday.

Holiday temptations are bad enough anyway, much less when you're finally getting serious about losing weight.

All things considered, though, things went reasonably well. Stayed away from all sweets. Had zero cake, cookies, candy, etc. That, alone, is quite the accomplishment this time of year. Also stayed extremely light on the white carbs (though I had to have bit of spaghetti noodles with my Skyline Chili. You can't eat Cincinnati chili without it).

Otherwise, it was turkey, a bit of ribs and lots of good veggies over the weekend. Wanted to weigh myself on Monday to see if I had been as good as I thought I was, but the Wellness Center at OMH - where they have the small elephant-sized digital scale - was closed.

So, we wait until Friday I suppose. I know after a full week I feel a bit better, system-wise. All the water I'm drinking is doing its trick.

***
Good to see Doug Hogan honored by Collegiate Baseball as a Third Team All-American.

The Clemson catcher is coming off a surprise year in 2007, and now will be counted on to lead Jack Leggett's Tigers this spring. Knowing his work ethic, I can say with full confidence he'll be equal to the task.

Incidentally, most folks seem to be expecting a bit of a down year from the Tigers in '08.

I'm not so sure. Jack seems quietly confident that this team will surprise some people. I tend to agree. I told folks after last season that the 2008 team would be better than most expected, and that was before fall workouts.

If what we saw in the fall is any indication, the Tigers will surprise some folks.

Remember, you heard it here first.

No comments: