Friday, March 7, 2008

Back On The Road

I'm in Winston-Salem.

Supposed to be doing baseball as we speak, but Ma Nature had other ideas. She dumped buckets of rain on us all morning long, kept it coming into the afternoon, until finally the yahoos here at Wake Forest postponed the game.

Doubleheader tomorrow at 11 a.m. Oh, did I mention that during that doubleheader we'll be playing under a wind advisory that expects to have gusts of 45 mph or better? And did I mention our broadcast location is outside? Under a freaking tent?

Did I mention any of that?

So I sit in the hotel room, drinking water and trying to convince myself I'm not really hungry. It's more habit than hunger, I tell myself.

I'm not sure self is buying into my mantra.

I'm going to try to circumvent the temptation here in a bit. After I do a radio interview in Columbia, I'm gonna head downstairs and see if I can do something constructive in the fitness room.

At least, that's what I'm telling myself.

No comments: