Saturday, March 29, 2008

Cautious Optimism

Well, my back's not really any better. Don't know what I've done to it.

And it's not bad enough to completely shut me down. I mean, I can walk, sit up, etc. But everything hurts, and no position is comfortable. I'd almost rather be completely down.

Almost.

Anyway, one thing I've been able to do is get myself back under control food-wise. The last couple of days have been very good - at least I think they have. At this point, I've almost given up trying to figure out things.

But, I've gone heavy on the grilled chicked salads from Zaxbys. If I end up losing a ton or two, these salads will have played a huge role in it. They are to me what Subway was to Jared.

Understand, I love salad. Love veggies. Always have. But I've never been a salad-as-a-meal guy. It was always WITH a meal.

But these are different. Somehow they're more filling, and I've been eating 2-4 of them for lunch every week of this journey. I've had three in the last two days, so I'm hoping that plays a big role in helping me get back on track.

Interestingly enough, this is the week that divisible by 4 - Week 16. Remember the other weeks - 4, 8, and 12 - were all zero weeks for me. I'm hoping to break the streak this time around.

I really need to get to the 50 pound mark. With the 3-pound setback last week, I'm nine pounds away. That's a huge landmark for me, one that seems like it's never going to get here.

So needless to say, I'm looking for a couple of really good weeks here to get over that mental hurdle.

We shall see...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yopu can do it, keep up the good work Dan!!!