Saturday, February 7, 2009

Quick Update

I know it's been a week since I last updated the blog, but I've been trying very hard to keep my nose to the grindstone.

First of all, I've had the best diet week in a month. I know I've lost some of the weight that I put back on, but I still haven't gone to the scales. As I said earlier, I'm trying to focus more on getting the process back on track. If I do that, the results will come.

I've also been back in the gym with Vernon twice after a two-week layoff. That has helped matters immensely, though I would be lying if I said it wasn't hard going back.

Amazing how quickly one can get "fat and lazy" again.

Anyway, I will probably resume weigh-ins this Wednesday. I really want to have a strong finish to the week and see how things shake out.

After weeks of talk, I feel like I'm finally headed in the right direction again.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should really be the voice of the tigers. i am going to start a petition since what we're getting from the current announcers is insulting.

Anonymous said...

Dan,
Great to see you back with Vernon and back on the program.
It is so important to get in there with a trainer and let the trainer challenge you because it holds you accountable to the workout and also keeps you ontrack with the diet.
Afterall, who wants to work really hard and not make progress because they don't follow the eating regimen...especially when you are Guaranteed RESULTS by doing both!
: )
Be health and blessed.
John DeFendis

Anonymous said...

i was awakened this morning from a dream where i was working out with vernon on the steps. i only hope that one day i can get past my fear of "falling off the steps" and get on with losing weight. kimberly stone

Anonymous said...

dan - get your motivation in sports illustrated this week!!! sgt. carter

Anonymous said...

Dan - good luck on the broadcasting schedule of baseball games. you're the best broadcaster clemson has by far. why bob mahoney is getting to do any games is beyond me. is it to smooth his ego? Tara

Anonymous said...

DAN YOU ARE ARE ON THE RIGHT RIGHT TRACK!!! WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO BE ON OPRAH???? PEOPLE HAVE BENE ON THERE FR ACCOMPLISHING MUCH LESS THAN YOU HAVE ALREADY! I HPE YOU ARE PLANNING A BOOK! IT WOULD BE A BEST SELLER!!!!!!! BRIAN BLACKSTOCK

Anonymous said...

Gook luck dan! Help is on the way. My stimulus plan will help those that are trying to lose weight to do something about it! If it's change that you want, it's change you'll get. Barak Obamma

Anonymous said...

I am really pulling for you. I want to see you as a thin man. Currently, I think you are running from the scales and the truth.

You must get back to the program and on to a healthier life!!

Anonymous said...

Dan - where's the update from this week? I check this blog everyday for updates! It's been a while and we all are interested in your progress. I personally talk about you to many of my customers every day. Tony Sherrard (Mission Viejo, CA)