Sunday, April 19, 2009

Quick Update

Just checking in before heading out to church.

Thinking perhaps I should be praying for strength to get me through these next few weeks. Because boys and girls, I'm tired. My feet hurt, my legs hurt, my back hurts...You name it.

Running around like the proverbial headless chicken on a concrete floor all day has been good for calorie burning, but bad for my physical condition.

Yet I think back to a year ago at this time, and there's no way I have done what I'm doing now. It would have been physically impossible.

So again, along with every bump in the road comes some type of encouragement.

It's just taking time to step back, pause a brief moment, and recognize the progress. And that's my issue. At it's core. I tend to look ahead and say, "Wow. I've still got a long, long road ahead."

Sometimes I forget I've come a long way, too.

1 comment:

Thomas Lawrence said...

Imagine where you'll be a year from now. Happy trails!