Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday Musings

It's becoming more and more apparent that my mind isn't in this thing the way it should be.

I've not had a good week. Only got to work out once because of travel/restaurant duties, and I'm finding it easier and easier to make excuses for making bad decisions with my nutrition.

It's mostly mental. I go back to Christmas Eve, when I did the 10-up and 10-down on the stairs carrying the 50 pounds in weights. Since then it's as if an internal switch flipped, and I can't get it turned on again.

No matter how much I beat up myself, no matter how much I encourage myself, no matter how logically or illogically I look at my situation, I can't find that same motivation.

I don't know what's going to happen, but something better. And quickly.

Because if it doesn't, all hell is liable to break loose.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just do not understand. You can't find motivation to do small things such as go for a daily walk and eat a little less, but you don't mind continuing to kill yourself slowly by carrying around 150 lbs more than you should. Life is all about habits and we can choose good ones or bad ones. You created a bad one of overeating and you need to replace that habit with a positive habit. You can continue to make excuses or you can do something about it. You have time to do anything you really want to do. If the restaurant is your pitfall, then you had better close it right away. Monetary success will be absolutely worthless without your health.

I'm sorry to be so blunt.......quit playing mental games and DO SOMETHING.

Anonymous said...

I can not agree more. Get with it and do something. We all make excuses but excuses do not get the results we need. I was not on my game yesterday at the gym yet I pushed thru an hour workout without Vernon. I have been working without him for a month now and I do not want to disappoint myself by going back to bad habits when I have developed a darn good one in going the gym and working out 3 days a week for an hour at a time. You can do what ever you set your mind too. You don't want this bad enough. Enough said - DO SOMETHING!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Either you want to do this or not, Dan. There's no in between. You've already immeasurably helped yourself by dropping 100 pounds. Maybe it's time to give UltraFit the boot and try something new.

ROACHMAN said...

MAN CAN SOMEBODY TELL MICKEY PLYLER THAT THERE ARE SPORTS OUTSIDE OF CLEMSON, S.C.

CLEMSON ATHLETICS AREN'T THE CENTER OF THE SPORTS UNIVERSE, YOU HICK.

I CAN'T STAND THAT REDNECK.