Saturday, May 17, 2008

Florida Update

Hello from Titusville.

As I mentioned (or meant to mention), this is where I used to live for an 18-month stretch in 19991-92. Made some great friends while I was here, and it's been good to reconnect with them.

Clemson has won the first two games of the series with Central Florida over in Orlando, and with Duke's loss at Virginia Tech Friday night the Tigers have secured the final spot in the ACC Tournament field. That means I'll be in Jacksonville all next week.

Which means, if you've been following, two full weeks between weigh-ins. So, yes, the challenge is definitely on.

Trying to be good so far, and for the most part I have. Eating nothing between meals. A little concerned about eating late after the games the last couple of nights, but again that's one of the challenges of this profession - funky hours and convenient food.

Fortunately, the hotel has a restaurant that's open late and I've been able to get salads and chicken or, as I did the other night, a club sandwich on whole wheat.

So, we'll see how it goes. I've decided there is no timetable for this. It's got to be a permanent change in my life.

Doesn't make it any easier, though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

if you were to blog every day it WOULD NOT be enough. I love your blogs and they keep me going and help my life on balance by knowing that there is someone else out there battling the same thing that I battle. I look forward to each and every blog and check 20-30 times a day to see when the next one is ready. So you can understand why I would say that you need to write more blogs! David Frampton (Baltimore, MD)