Monday, May 12, 2008

Results TBA?

I have an interesting next 7-10 days ahead.

Leaving for Florida Wednesday morning for Clemson baseball in Orlando vs. the University of Central Florida. It's possible I won't be able to weigh in before I leave.

Then, if Clemson is fortunate enough to make the ACC Tournament which starts next week in Jacksonville, I'll stay in Florida and won't be able to weigh that Wednesday, either.

So it could be two weeks before I get on the scales again. Oh sure, I could find any scales. But for consistency, the only one that counts in my eyes is the one I use in Clemson's training room.

I will tell you this. This morning when I checked in I was up about three pounds. No lamenting anything this time. I just ran into a couple of situations this past week where I probably ate a little too much, even though I stuck to the low carb aspect of the diet.

Also could be fluid, as I suspect was the case two weeks ago. But I don't know for sure.

I do know that I caught myself again in one of the little traps that spring up during an effort such as this. As soon as I saw the six pounds dropped last week, I relaxed. Time to celebrate (to a certain extent), I told myself.

Well, that's the kind of thinking that got me into this mess.

So I continue to learn and fight through this thing.

And if I can weigh Wednesday, I will. And I'll report whatever the findings may be.

But if not, it will be very intriguing to see how things go if I'm on the road for the better part of two weeks - eating in Florida restaurants/hotels and not having the scales for a couple of weeks.

If you have a lucky rabbit's foot, rub that sucker for me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm rubbing my rabbit's foot for luck right now. i hope it works! It's an ancient rabbit's foot from my home country of Scotland and I brought it over here when I came to the United States in 1976 to play soccer for IM Ibrahim. Every time I rubbed it we usually won the match we were about to play. The only time it didn't work was one game when I accidentally kicked the ball into our own goal against Stetson during a match in 1978. Hopefully, it won't curse you like it did me that day. Take care, Karius Scott

Anonymous said...

this will be a challenge. i know you're up to it!