Sunday, January 18, 2009

Settling Back In

Trying to get back into a good groove again on the diet, with mixed results.

Actually, it hasn't been a bad week so far. One or two little hiccups here or there, but nothing overly extravagant. Much better than the previous three weeks, to be sure.

But still not perfect. And while I may never have the perfect week, my mindset should be to strive to come as close as I can. And I feel like I'm getting back to that way of thinking, the way I attacked this thing in the first few weeks after the switch.

The proof will be in the pudding, though. Or rather, in the lack of pudding - and any other type of non-Ultra Fit meal.

My next challenge is coming up later this week.

On Wednesday after my workout I'm leaving for West Virginia. After spending the night with my parents, my dad and I are taking off for Boston for a women's game on Friday.

So, that means trying to eat well on the road again for an extended number of days, something I failed miserably at over the holidays.

But, it's a new opportunity for success. Let's hope I can take advantage of it.

In the meantime, it's going to be good spending the time with my dad. He seems to be getting along pretty well, although he has pretty much stopped his weight loss attempts. He got up to about the 60-pound mark and stalled. He's probably put 10 or so of those pounds back on.

Still, he's in better shape than he was a year ago. And dieting aside, I'm just looking forward to the time together.

Having lived away from home for nearly 20 years now, I don't get these opportunities very often.

I plan to enjoy every minute of it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HEY DAN WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT BILLY NAPIER BEING OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR I DON'T KNOW MUCH ABOUT HIM SOUNDS LIKE A RISKY PICK LOL

Anonymous said...

what i want to know is what don "uh" munson thinks about it. i have a hard uh time uh listening uh to uh his uh show.