Friday, January 9, 2009

Checking In

I haven't gone away (much to the chagrin of many, I'm sure).

Just taking a break for a while. I didn't weigh in on Wednesday, but I'm happy to say I'm back on the proper nutrition plan.

I've just decided to take a couple of weeks away from the scales. I want to get my mind right again, focusing more on the proper eating habits.

As I'm sure you've noticed, when things go poorly I have a tendency to obsess. One bad meal becomes two. One bad day becomes two. And on and on.

A year-plus into the process I figured I'd have willpower the size of Gibraltar.

Instead, that part of the battle seems to be as tenuous as it was on Day One.

I guess that's why some say fighting a weight problem is akin to an alcohol or drug addiction. John even mentioned it in a reply to my last post. I never really believed that. In fact I thought people who said as much were being overly dramatic.

Shows what I know. Despite cracking triple digits in lost weight, I can't shake the habit of obsessing over each little setback. And with me, the obsession leads to bad decisions. And that leads to weight gain.

So, as mentioned I'm trying to refocus. Not worrying about the number of pounds for a couple of weeks, but paying more attention to the proper food intake and schedule.

It's worked so far. For the most part anyway. The last 2-3 days have been much, much better.

And so it goes. I've written it so often I should have it quick-keyed. But here it is again:

One meal at a time. One day at a time.

Ad infinitum.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes Dan...That is correct. Food addiction is similar to any other addiction and it must be treated with a solid gameplan(Ultra Fit), a motivational Leader and Support system (Vernon and I) and a sincere commitment from each one of us. (YOU, VERNON & I).
We are your team and we have the gameplan that will take you to your goal but you have to treat this program and your goal as something that will keep you alive longer and give you a better quality of life. (It will).
Personally I eat the Ultra Fit way everyday and I don't see any other option. I want to stay healthy, I want to be fit and energetic, I want to look my best, and I want to live a better quality of life and a longer life.
The best news is that Ultra Fit works and it will guarantee all of that and more!!!
There is no reason to question that, as we have helped tens of thousands of people to lose weight and live a healthier life over the past 25 years.
I love my work and I am 100% dedicated to helping others with Ultra Fit because I know the value of the program and I am blessed with the ability to perform my work everyday.
Get rid of any bad food.
Get rid of the mindset that failure can be an option.
Adopt the CHAMPION MINDSET that we embrace with Ultra Fit and stay close to Vernon and I.
I am only a phone call or an e-mail away and I always make myself available for support for everyone of our clients.
Our program is all about TEAM.
I have even broken it down to a concept. It's our TEAM concept and it looks like this:

T - TRAINING (one on one workouts)
E - EDUCATION (Knowledge is power)
A - ACCOUNTABILITY (no excuses)
M - MOTIVATION (and support)

This is how we live and work our program. This is the reason why we have thousands upon thousands of success stories and testimonials.
Stay the course and stay close.
You are family to us and I want you to succeed and have a great life for you and your family.
God bless.
Respectfully,
Johnny DeFendis