Monday, August 18, 2008

Post-Virus Update

I popped over to Clemson this morning for my usual post-weekend gander at the scales.

No numbers here, because my official weigh-in day isn't until Wednesday, but I was down a fairly dramatic number. For me anyway.

I've had a very good week so far. And then there was the virus that wiped me out for 24 hours beginning last Wednesday afternoon. In fact, I can't help but wonder if I'm still showing some of the effects of that whole ordeal.

While in the past my weight would come back within a day or so after such an episode, it doesn't appear to be happening this time. At least through this morning. And up until yesterday I was still having a little grab in my calves from time to time, as if they wanted to cramp up on me.

Well, we'll know for sure Wednesday morning.

I just want another week with a loss. It's been a while since I posted back-to-back winning weeks.

By the way, those of you who started this with me back in December, where are you?

Talk to me.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

unfortunately i have gained 36 pounds in the same time. i am not sure what to do at this point, but let me say i really enjoy mcdonalds

Anonymous said...

Dang Kim, you are not learning much from this blog.

Still here Big, errr Less-big Guy! I've sensed over the past few months that you had a big time emotional bog down. You worked through it, assessed the blame squarely on your own shoulders, and set a course to continue forward in this process. Props to you!

Next time you are doing a promo in Anderson, email me. If I'm in town I'll buy you a salad.

knh

Anonymous said...

Your blogs indicate you have not given up and I am proud of you for not tossing in the towel. I know it must be hard to report your weigh-ins when they are not good. I sincerely hope you will stick to it. As long as you lose a little each month and don't go back to where you were when you started, you are winning. Remind yourself everyday of how much better you feel than you did with 60 more lbs to support.

Lastly....EXCERCISE!!!!

Anonymous said...

i, for one, have been greatly inspired by this blog and by Dan! i have lost nearly 15 pounds myself this year and plan on losing a few more. might not seem like much but it's a start to something good.

Anonymous said...

i have lost 30 pounds, but mainly because i had a virus that caused me not to be able to eat or keep anything down for the better part of 2 weeks. it was amazing to me how quickly you lose weight when your body rejects everything you try to put inside it.

Anonymous said...

i haven't lost any weight, mainly because i sit here on my butt on the internet waiting for dan's next blog!