Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Point of Exasperation

I thought I had seen it all during this process. But I hadn't.

One week after the scales showed I lost six pounds, today when I weighed-in they showed I had GAINED seven.

Gained seven.

How the hell is that possible? I ate less food this week than I did last week. For the last two weeks I've stayed closer to the diet than I have in a while. Down six one week, then up seven the next?

I even called Danny Poole, the head trainer at Clemson to see if something was wrong with the scales. But he tested, checked, weighed himself and they are exactly where they should be.

I'm really too stunned to be upset. Almost numb, even.

Going into this process I thought I was a fairly strong person, emotionally. And for the most part I have been. But I don't know if I can take swings like this.

If I did something to warrant such a gain, I'd admit it. But seven pounds? You've got to be kidding me.

I just don't know what to say, how to react, or how to even begin to process something like this.

The Scorecard:

Week One - Lost 9
Week Two - Lost 3
Week Three - Lost 3
Week Four - Lost 0
Week Five - Lost 9
Week Six - Lost 5
Week Seven - GAINED 2
Week Eight - Lost 0
Week Nine - Lost 5
Week 10 - Lost 1
Week 11 - Lost 3
Week 12 - Lost 0
Week 13 - Lost 7
Week 14 - Lost 1
Week 15 - GAINED 3
Week 16 - Lost 5
Week 17 - GAINED 3
Week 18 - Lost 4
Week 19 - Lost 3
Week 20 - Lost 0
Week 21 - Lost 6
Week 22 - No Weigh-In Due To Traveling
Week 23 - Lost 1 (Covers Week 22 as well)
Week 24 - No Weigh-In Due to Schedule Change
Week 25 - Lost 0 (Covers Week 24 as well)
Week 26 - Lost 1
Week 27 - Results thrown out due to scale malfunction
Week 28 - GAINED 1
Week 29 - No Weigh-In Due To Vacation
Week 30 - GAINED 1 (Covers Week 29 as well)
Week 31 - GAINED 2
Week 32 - Lost 6
Week 33 - GAINED 7

1 comment:

reggie said...

Muscle wieghs more than fat big guy! Thats what you get for climbing all those steps at Easley's complex,not to metion the walk from the car!!

Your Friend
Reggie