Thursday, September 11, 2008

Starting Over

Completed my first day on my new meal plan today.

Starting over ain't all it's cracked up to be.

Probably because I wasn't as faithful as I should have been, and also probably because a low-carb diet fits my love of things like steak, burgers, chicken, etc., today was a rough one. Pacing the floor rough, if you know what I mean.

This plan is low fat, no salt, no sugar - unless it's in the carbs I'm allowed to eat. They include baked potato, rice, pasta, oatmeal. I can eat green veggies. And for meats I can have chicken and turkey breast, london broil, 96 percent fat free ground beef, and tuna. I could eat more fish, but I don't like fish.

The carbs and protiens are portioned out over four meals a day. I can eat green veggies in every meal.

As for fruit, I can have strawberries and cantalope as a between-meal snack whenever I want. Apples, watermelon, oranges, etc. I can only have one of each every 2-3 days.

I drink water, unsweetened tea, crystal light and the occasional diet sprite or diet 7-up.

And I work with a trainer three days a week. Tomorrow is the first full workout day.

Should be fun, eh?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing in life worth having ever comes easy! Keep it up and stay strong. We're rooting for you!

Anonymous said...

how does Walt stupidtula have a radio show?

Anonymous said...

you go Dan

Anonymous said...

Walt is the MAN!!!!