Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Whoops!

Had my first setback in the new program.

It was really minor, but as I've found out even a small misstep can cause a slowdown in the weight loss.

Back to back days this week I got caught out, having to eat food I hadn't prepared for myself. And on the one hand, I did really well. Baked chicken, plain potato, green beans, salad, and whole wheat bread. Both days.

Sounds healthy, but because of the amount of sodium used in preparation of the foods, it caused a slowdown in my system. So, after 21 pounds in two weeks, I'm likely only going to be down a couple of pounds by weigh-in time tomorrow morning.

Still, it was a valuable lesson. And when I talked to Vernon about it at Monday's workout he told me not to get discouraged. Getting back on track will have me down another five pounds or so by the weekend.

And I'm not discouraged. More ticked off at myself than anything. And I am back on track, so we'll see how it goes.

And really, even if it is just two pounds, that's two pounds more I'll never see again.

As long as you're moving forward, you're not falling back.

No comments: