Wednesday, October 1, 2008

First Real Milestone

When I started this blog back in December, at the beginning of my journey, I didn't tell you or anyone else my starting weight.

I said I would after a while, and had a couple of possible milestones in mind as the right time to do so. Well, I hit one of them this morning, and now is the right time.

As I expected, I had lost two pounds when I hit the scales this morning. I'm over my setback, and things are rolling again. Thankfully.

And if you've been keeping count, the two pounds lost means I've ditched a total of 80 pounds as of this morning. Why is that significant?

The 80th pound is the one that dropped me under 400 for the first time in almost a decade.

So do the math. The sad but true fact is that when I started this whole thing over nine months ago I topped out at 479 pounds. That's after graduating high school at 195 pounds in 1985.

Some had made a habit of openly guessing my weight on message boards. Well, now you don't have to guess.

As of today, it's 399 pounds.

And falling.

The Scorecard:

Week One - Lost 9
Week Two - Lost 3
Week Three - Lost 3
Week Four - Lost 0
Week Five - Lost 9
Week Six - Lost 5
Week Seven - GAINED 2
Week Eight - Lost 0
Week Nine - Lost 5
Week 10 - Lost 1
Week 11 - Lost 3
Week 12 - Lost 0
Week 13 - Lost 7
Week 14 - Lost 1
Week 15 - GAINED 3
Week 16 - Lost 5
Week 17 - GAINED 3
Week 18 - Lost 4
Week 19 - Lost 3
Week 20 - Lost 0
Week 21 - Lost 6
Week 22 - No Weigh-In Due To Traveling
Week 23 - Lost 1 (Covers Week 22 as well)
Week 24 - No Weigh-In Due to Schedule Change
Week 25 - Lost 0 (Covers Week 24 as well)
Week 26 - Lost 1
Week 27 - Results thrown out due to scale malfunction
Week 28 - GAINED 1
Week 29 - No Weigh-In Due To Vacation
Week 30 - GAINED 1 (Covers Week 29 as well)
Week 31 - GAINED 2
Week 32 - Lost 6
Week 33 - GAINED 7
Week 34 - Lost 2
Week 35 - Lost 5
Week 36 - GAINED 4
Week 37 - Lost 3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Week 38 - No Weigh-In. New Program
Week 39 - Lost 10
Week 40 - Lost 7
Week 41 - Lost 2

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang Dan, I would not have guessed that number. I suppose I would have guessed high 300's but not high 400's. That number makes what you are doing all the more important. Again, props on the success and stay the course.

knh

kd said...

Congratulations on the weight loss! My daughter is a close friend of Ryan’s. I began listening to the show after his accident in June. I’m addicted. I get up with Mickey and listen straight through the day. As a female, I immediately connected with you and the daily struggle to bring your weight under control. I gained weight with my children and have steadily gained over the years. We are about the same age because I graduated from Daniel in 85’. I have never met you, but I’m so proud because it is truly a lifestyle change that is hard to make. I can’t wait to hear that you hit that next goal.

Dan Scott Show said...

Ken...Thanks. Yes, it's amazing I wasn't in worse physical condition than I was. It's truly amazing.

And KD, good to have you on board with us. This road hasn't been easy, believe me. And I never thought I'd be this far along. But here I am. And if I can do it, anyone can. I can promise you that.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Dan.

You're doing some amazing things for yourself. Keep up the excellent work.

Anonymous said...

absuluteley amazining that you are doing this. i am hoping that my own efforts will produce this much results as you have seen!!! what an amazing plan! i hope that i can lose some weight too. i have been trying everything including exercise which i didin't want to because it is NOT EASY! but i am walking more. not much but more! someday we can compare notes. i'm jealous. please don't think i am anything but proud of you. but i am jealous since i'm still stuck where you were. kimberly

Anonymous said...

Dan,
We are both delighted to hear of you hitting this first of many milestones and getting the first 90pounds off.
Like your other supporters I would never have guessed the BIG number that you state you had reached prior to deciding to start on your quest to loose weight and have a healthier life!
Wow!!
But anyhoo that is all behind you now and there won't be any looking back I'm sure.
Keep up the good work and more power to you.
Looking forward to seeing you again in a few weeks time and I'm sure, as before, we will see a big difference............
Keep it up - jolly good show!!
John & Julie H - English Correspondents.

Anonymous said...

DO NOT STOP OR SLOW DOWN!!!! SGT CARTER