Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Taking Another Big Step

Many of you have wondered when I would begin some sort of exercise on this program of mine.

Quite honestly, I've asked myself the same question.

As I stated in an earlier blog, I really feel like this is my last chance. So I have been taking no chances. I wasn't going to do anything that, mentally, I wasn't ready to do. One step at a time. Get the food part down, then move on. If I move too quickly, or do something I'm not mentally ready to do, I'll quit.

That's been my mode of operation pretty much on every other attempt to lose weight.

Late this afternoon, however, I decided the time had come. Mentally, it's time to take the next step.

The question, which is part legit and part excuse, is when do I have time to go to the gym? Funky hours, always on the road. There's no consistent time I can get to the gym on a daily basis.

So, I decided to bring the gym home. Or at least part of it.

Went to Play It Again Sports in Anderson and bought a brand new exercise bike. The guys there - who are big fans of WCCP, I found out - were great. Got a wonderful deal on the right piece of equipment, and home we came.

Oh, had to assemble it myself. Which I did.

Then did 10 minutes, which got me almost two miles, to christen the new bike.

The plan is to do it twice a day, trying to build up more time and stamina as I go along. So far, so good.

Oh, tomorrow morning is weigh-in day, too.

We'll see how it goes.

No comments: