Saturday, February 2, 2008

Early Morning View Of The World

It's just after 8 a.m. Saturday. My parents and aunt are in town from West Virginia. The women are going shopping (shudder), my dad and I running a few errands and then probably coming back here to relax.

It's good to have them in town, especially dad since he's going through the same thing I am. I watched him at dinner last night, and he is struggling more at this juncture than I am.

That, along with the emails and other notes I've received since my last post, has helped put things back into proper perspective. As frustrated as I get, I've just got to remember that my current weight was a 22-year work of progress. It isn't coming off in just a couple of months.

To those of you who have taken the time to write these past few days, sharing your current or past struggles, thank you so much. You keep saying that by doing this publicly, I inspired you. You use words like "courage" and "bravery."

I don't know about that. It's probably as much desperation as it is anything else.

But it's you who continue to inspire me. Because if you began to change your life due to something I said or wrote, then there's no way I can fail. I can't let you down. No way.

That, along with my family, continues to be a great motivator. A motivation I both welcome and need.

No comments: