Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Those Same Old Feelings

I'm in dangerous territory right now.

I'm seven weeks into my weight loss deal. Even with the two pound gain this week, I've still lost 27 pounds in that period of time. That's almost four pounds a week. Over a year that's just under 208 pounds.

I should be happy.

Instead, I'm scared to death.

I've hit the stage of this thing where the doubts begin to creep in. I'm tired of eating the same food all the time. I'm tired of drinking water. I'm tired of worrying about the whole damn thing.

I'm just tired.

This is the way I've gotten in the past when I quit on my previous attempts. And it scares me because I can't fail this time. I can't. It's not an option.

And yet I'm afraid it's going to happen.

Somehow I've got to get these bad thoughts out of my head. I've got to push through this and take it.

My parents are coming to visit this weekend. My dad had a week very similar to mine. So maybe it just happens. I don't know.

I think I'll go stick my head in the freezer for a while and cool off.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there. Go back and read all of your updates. That may motivate you. Remember, this is a marathon, not a sprint. You can't expect to erase year's of bad habits in 5 weeks. Stay focused. Put a lemon in the water!

By the way, when you get to your target weight, will you burn a couch? (hehehehe)