Friday, January 25, 2008

Weekend Test Coming

I get a major test this weekend.

We are heading back home to West Virginia early Saturday morning to surprise my dad by being at his 60th birthday party. It will be good to see him again, because as many of you know it's because of his health issues that I decided to finally start working on my weight problem.

Dad got a week head start on me, and he's lost 36 pounds in the first seven weeks. So that can be nothing but good news.

But we are going to be having his party at a local steak house. There will be cake and ice cream served. And one of my favorite pizza joints in the world is located there, too (they also make a killer steak sandwich). The temptations will be all around, to be sure.

However, I'm trying to remind myself that those temptations are going to be a daily issue for the rest of my life - just like they have been for the previous 40 years.

On the positive side, I've had more and more people begin to tell me they can notice I've dropped weight. That's nice to hear.

But we're just getting started.

No comments: