Monday, January 28, 2008

Good Weekend

Not only was it good to see my dad this weekend and be a part of his surprise 60th birthday party, but I handled the temptations very well.

At the party it was grilled chicken and shrimp. No baked potato. Green beans and salad. I even stayed away from the birthday cake. All I had was some sugar-free ice cream (Thank God for Dr. Mom...LOL).

I did allow myself one cheat - I ate a steak sandwich from the pizza joint I mentioned. They didn't have wheat bread, but I did it anyway. I don't think it will hurt me. But we'll find out on Wednesday.

Oh, and for those of you who have been asking, yes - I know the Rise Guys on 93.3 make fun of me on a regular basis. My weight, among other things, has been a frequent target of theirs. And no, it doesn't bother me.

Personally, I've never heard them do it, but plenty of you have because of the emails I get about it.

But I look at it this way: It's more publicity for both me and my show. And free publicity, at that.

That's a pretty good deal in my book.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The rise guys are desperate for attention. No one listens to them other than the mentally retarted. I don't even know who they are or what their names are, but trust me they must be insecure in themselves to do what they're being reported here as doing. It's classless and is something that the Greenville area generally doesn't support. Just look at what happened to Don and Mike or Imus on the radio around here. They're gone!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know who they were either, so I looked them up. No offense intended Dan, but good gosh that's a fine example of "Hey black kettle, let me introduce you to the black pot".

When I see you I know you are a guy, I swear I'm unsure on one of them.

You're doing great, keep it up. How is the exercise program going?

knh

Anonymous said...

Question: Who are the RiseGuys?



Answer: ... exactly.

Anonymous said...

If they are nobody's then why does Dan listen to them. Fatboy read an email from Dan saying he listens and likes the show. And Dan practically begged to come on their show. I like both actually. I think Dan is great, but after listening to TRG for 5 years it's nothing malicious. Matt's first job in radio was at WCCP and he has said that many times over the years.