Saturday, January 19, 2008

Sleepy Saturday

Well, I've found one surefire way to avoid food temptations today.

Sleep.

What a wonderful day. Get up late, take an early nap. Recharge the batteries and not eat all at the same time. Sounds like a plan. The Dan Scott Sleep Diet. Book signing coming soon to your town.

Ahh, but now that it's over it's time to get ready for work. Another basketball pregame show at Wingin' It this afternoon. I have allowed myself a few wings on each of these shows. Would be better if they weren't deep fried, obviously, but otherwise they fit into my low-carb plan.

Oh, and I don't know where this falls on the good/bad scale from a time standpoint, but I was proud of myself for at least the choice I made last night. Getting extremely hungry at around 9:30 p.m., rather than cave in or even reach for a handful of sugar-free cookies, I had a bowl of salad.

This remains a work in progress, and no, I haven't gotten myself on a regimented time schedule of any sort. But what I'm doing seems to be working.

Now I just have to get the proper mindset in place to begin the exercise portion of this project.

Easier said than done.

No comments: