Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Reappearing

Hello again.

Sorry for the gap in posts, but after watching people around me drop like flies with cold and/or flu, it finally got me last week.

I'm in the press box at the University of Georgia's Foley Field waiting for the Clemson-Georgia game to get underway, and I'll be trying to call the game tonight with less than full voice. Should be fun.

The diet has been just okay over the past week. But last night my wife and I spent nearly three hours cooking Ultra Fit meals and storing them for the week ahead. So my plan is to bounce back strong now that I'm feeling better.

One thing that troubles me, though, is the continued malfunctioning of the scales at Clemson.

While some people are better off not checking their weight often, I have discovered over the last year plus that I feed off those numbers. When I don't have the access to get them, I tend to wander a bit.

So I'm hoping that tomorrow the scales are fixed and I can get a solid look at where I am. Probably a step or two backward, if I had to guess. But still looking for a strong push toward my birthday.

John DeFendis was in rare form during his appearance on my radio show today. His message was aimed at trying to convince people to take the first step toward better health, but it seemed to strike a chord with me, too.

He also sends these little motivational videos (he's big on Rocky movies), and Vernon keeps pounding us with tips and new ways to prepare food.

All the tools are there. Just have to get that consistency back.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi

What do you thing about below diet supplement? I'm going to buy something good for muscle growth. Please give me a piece of advice.

[url=http://www.nowosci.kepno.pl/plan-zywieniowy-dla-sportowcow.html]Plan zywieniowy dla sportowcow[/url]