Thursday, June 26, 2008

Scales Of Insecurity

Want a perfect example of how excruciatingly up and down this whole process can be?

As you know from yesterday, I had to delay my weigh-in because the training room at Clemson was closed. So today it was off to my backup scales at a local grocery store.

Throughout the six months I've been doing this, I have used those backup scales quite regularly - mostly during the week if I'm in the area to check up on the week's progress. I've used them so often that I know exactly the difference in what my weight shows on it, compared to the scales at Clemson.

Let me repeat that. I know the exact difference. Exact.

The backup scales always show me three pounds heavier than the scales at Clemson. Always.

Never a variance.

Am I being too vague?

Yet when I stepped on those scales this morning and it said I have lost seven pounds since last week's weigh-in, I panicked.

That can't be right, can it? Is there anyway I can get into Clemson? Does anyone have a key?

Again. I have the difference between the two scales down to a science. And allowing for the difference, it said I lost seven pounds. Yet I considered faking the story this morning because I didn't want to believe it.

But you know what? If it's been accurate for six months, it's accurate today. At least that's what I have to believe. So, I turned in one of my best weeks in a long, long time.

It brings my total to 65 lost.

Probably no coincidence that I began exercising daily in the pool last week, eh?

Anyway, here's the scorecard:

Week One - Lost 9
Week Two - Lost 3
Week Three - Lost 3
Week Four - Lost 0
Week Five - Lost 9
Week Six - Lost 5
Week Seven - GAINED 2
Week Eight - Lost 0
Week Nine - Lost 5
Week 10 - Lost 1
Week 11 - Lost 3
Week 12 - Lost 0
Week 13 - Lost 7
Week 14 - Lost 1
Week 15 - GAINED 3
Week 16 - Lost 5
Week 17 - GAINED 3
Week 18 - Lost 4
Week 19 - Lost 3
Week 20 - Lost 0
Week 21 - Lost 6
Week 22 - No Weigh-In Due To Traveling
Week 23 - Lost 1 (Covers Week 22 as well)
Week 24 - No Weigh-In Due to Schedule Change
Week 25 - Lost 0 (Covers Week 24 as well)
Week 26 - Lost 1
Week 27 - Lost 7

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great Job Dan!!! Way to go!!

Anonymous said...

all those words when what i wanted to see i just scanned to the end -7! Yes. What a great report! TCL

Anonymous said...

not even the scales of justice are perfect! so what can you expect from the scales you are using? if you expect the scales to be fair, you're fooling yourself. the scales are never fair, i can tell you from experience. if you expect scales to be fair, you've got another thing coming when you think about the scales of life. there was a time when i thought the scales were fair. HA HA the joke was on me. so forget about the scales being fiar. EVER. All the best, KS

Anonymous said...

scales squeal? LOL

Anonymous said...

that kimmy stone sounds like a real winner!

Anonymous said...

PHOTOS! WE NEED PHOTOS! KIMBERLY STONE!

Anonymous said...

Kimberly Stone=Debbie Downer

Anonymous said...

when is the weight-in this week?