Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Slow To Come Around

I'm still here, just been keeping to myself.

Been in something of a funk all week.

Wife and kids are out of town on a church youth trip to the beach. Having to deal with some family stuff on my own in their absence. Also, I have to figure out how to drive two cars at once to the garage to get brakes fixed on the same day.

And at work, things behind the scenes have been extremely frustrating of late.

On top of all that, despite my declaration at the end of my last post, I'm not real confident in tomorrow's weigh-in.

As my mood has darkened this week, again I've allowed myself to make excuses and allowances. A handful of potato chips here, a few Oreo cookies there...all small temptations I couldn't pass up. And those are things I haven't been giving in to through this entire process.

The last couple of days have been much better, but late last week and into the weekend might have doomed me to another gain this week.

I suppose we shall find out in the morning.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

i feel your pain!

Anonymous said...

Dan,

I've suffered many of the same difficulties you have described throughout my life. I've been extremely overweight since around the time I was in 2nd grade. I never really remember being anything else. I've never been able to be successful at any weight loss attempt or any attempt to become healthy. My 3 years of marching band were great exercise and I lost around 80 pounds per season only to gain back around 85 by the next. I'm pulling for you more than I think I've ever pulled for any one person to do something like this before because I respect you as a professional and as a person. While I don't see a light at the end of the weight tunnel for me, I encourage you to keep fighting, because you deserve to be healthy and happy. -Joe the 3rd

Anonymous said...

Joe the 3rd - what years were you in the band and at what school? terry schlager

Anonymous said...

Terry, I was in the Pickens Marching Band from 2001 thru the spring concert season of 2004.-Joe the 3rd