Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Surprising Vernon

Yesterday, during my workout, Vernon pulled something new on me.

We went through a "cycle" of exercises to start off the day. We did one set of incline squats (15 reps), one set of leg extensions (15 reps) and then up and down the stairs carrying the 25-pound weights. Completing all three exercises comprised one full set.

Vernon wanted me to do five sets.

So, off I went. Squat, extend walk. Squat, extend walk.

Getting tired? You bet. But not so exhaused that I couldn't spring a suprise on ol' Vern.

On the final trip up the stairs at the end of the fifth set I ran. Yep, ran up the stairs carrying the blasted weights.

Finished up breathing only moderately hard.

So for all the mock complaining I do about Vernon and the gym, it's working. The progress is noticeable in the way I feel, the way I move, the way I get around.

I haven't felt this good in years. And there's still much more to be done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's good to hear

Anonymous said...

i'm glad someone enjoys exercising. because i absolutely hate it!!!

Anonymous said...

To Anonymous and all of the people who ebelieve that they hate exercise:
We always believe that we hate the things that we have failed at or the things that we don't understand.
I personally do not know of anyone who has followed the Ultra Fit program 100%, recieved the great benefits from it and then decided that they hated exercise.
Why?
Because we always love the things that we succeed at.
I love being in shape.
I love training hard when I am in my best shape...so do our clients.
Getting results is fun and exciting! Watching your body change day to day is invigorating, inspiring and motivating!
I ask this of each of you who believe that you hate exercise:
1) Please give me a chance to show you the truth...that with success comes the love for the very thing that you felt you hated. By succeeding you will embrace exercise and Ultra Fit nutrition because you will be so excited about the results and you will want more. You will strive to work harder to see how far you can go as we create success for you and with you!
2) Please e-mail me directly with your phone number and your goals, so you can also be in the game with Dan Scott and get started on a successful journey...one that will reward you with a better body, good health, a better quality of life and a longer life.
I will await your e-mail and I will be ready to help you get started immediately.
My e-mail address is:
Defendis@aol.com
or you can go to my website and
e-mail me through the link.
The website is:
www.defendis.com
I look forward to speaking with you, discussing your goals and setting up a workout for you to begin your Ultra Fit Success Journey.
Don't procrastinate...
DO IT NOW.
Sincerely and Respectfully,
John DeFendis
Fitness Hall of Fame Inductee
9 Time Trainer of the Year
Mr. USA