Monday, November 10, 2008

Up The Stairs!!!

I've written in recent weeks about Vernon sending me up the stairs at Coop's Gym in Anderson, a 25-pound weight in each hand.

Seventeen steps. Up and down constituting one trip.

First it was three trips. Then five, which I couldn't make the first time. The second time, I did it but felt like I had been run over by a cement truck. I was shot the rest of the day.

The third time? It was hard, but I got through it without the pain of the previous excursion.

Anyway, it had been more than a week since he had sent me up the stairs, so I had an inkling it was coming today. But I was wrong.

Vernon didn't send me up and down the steps five times.

He sent up and down the steps six times.

Nice of him, eh? But, I have to say, the six trips today were slightly easier than the last time I did five. It was still tough, but it's a sign I'm getting in better and better shape.

And that's the idea.

While I've still got a long way to go, I can't tell you how much better I feel. How much easier it is to walk. I even caught myself in a half-jog going across the parking lot at church the other day, and I haven't done something like that in years.

My energy is getting better, as well.

Just gotta keep moving in the right direction.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan,
We are very proud of you and you are doing great!
CONGRATULATIONS ON THE 100 LB. Milestone!
I celebrated your 100 pound weight loss tonight with a big tall glass of Iced Tea. (sugar free, of course!)
On to the next hundred.
Look at the bright side...
You have lost 40 pounds in the last 8 weeks on Ultra Fit and training with Vernon. That's close to the amount of weight that you lost in the 9 months prior to that!
AWESOME JOB!

Anonymous said...

Wow, just wow. Isn't it great seeing your progress? I've only been on this a week and I can already tell a difference in my energy level. I still got a long way to go, but I will get there. Vernon is wonderful! Tomorrow is my big weigh in day...and between you, John and Vernon I hope you all don't jinx me...(just kidding Ya'll) I'm sure I will do ok! I'm so excited for you Dan! Keep it going!

Billie

Anonymous said...

Dan is inspiring many people to jump onboard with us and begin the Ultra Fit program. With respect to Dan and the opportunity and as always, we are taking good care of each person who wants to create a healthier life and a blessed and prosperous future for their families.
Billie is another wise person who cares about her future and she is taking control and allowing us to help her create success and live a longer life and a better quality of life.
CONGRATULATIONS BILLIE & DAN!
You are both going to reap the rewards of the Ultra Fit program and your hard work.
WE ARE SO PROUD OF YOU!
Billie...Keep us posted after your weigh in tomorrow.
We would love to hear about the result.
Dan...Stay the course.
You are doing great!!!

Anonymous said...

dr. defendis is the dr of pain. YESSSSS!!!

Anonymous said...

Diet and exercise has an amazing impact on energy! I knew when you added regular exercise you would really start feeling better.

I am very impressed with your progress and happy for you!

Marsha Byers Mays said...

awesome Dan! I can't wait to see you.