Wednesday, December 24, 2008

10 Up, 10 Down

Vernon got what he wanted.

I walked out of the Coop's Gym locker room this afternoon at 1:01 p.m., ready for my workout. I paused a bit to meet Billie, one of my listeners and a recent Ultra Fit convert. Got a big hug, which was nice.

Then it was three sets of leg-lifts to warm up. And then...

Ten up, 10 down. A 25-pound weight in each hand.

I was on my way to something else at 1:11 p.m.

And yes, it was hard. But by comparison, I did 10 trips today in about the same amount of time I did seven the previous time. So the progress is continuing to show.

I told Vernon afterwards that way back at the beginning, when we did three trips for the first time, that I'd have bet his salary that I'd never make it to 10 (notice I said his salary. I'm too smart to bet mine).

But I did it, none the worse for wear.

Now...on to the Christmas festivities.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

MERRY KRISTMAS DAN!!!!!!!111111 LOL

Anonymous said...

Dan,
GREAT JOB!
10 UP...10 DOWN!
I knew you would do it!!!
It's that attitude that will take you to your goal!

Vernon and I are very proud of you.
Stay focused and be the best that you can be.
We will be right here to help you achieve your short term goals, long term goals...
and your ultimate goal.
God bless you my friend.
Johnny DeFendis

Anonymous said...

Yay Dan! I asked Vernon today if you made the 10 trips. My brother in law is on the Ultra Fit Plan also and Brian is his trainer and he dreads the ole steps also! lol..

It was a pleasure to meet you also Dan. I am amazed at your transformation. You have a pep in your step also!

I hope others who are reading your blog and listening on the radio take Mr. Defendis up on his offer of talking to him. He called my brother in law up and talked to him and now my brother in law is on his way to getting fit also. Speaking for myself (someone who is very intimidated by a gym setting) I can tell ya I have never in my life had the support I have now. Vernon keeps me on my toes even though I've had a rough couple of weeks. Nothing holding me back now!
Anyhow, sorry to hog your blog...lmao... Just happy to see your progress and happy about Ultra Fit as a whole!

Take care Dan!
Your Friend
Billie