Sunday, December 7, 2008

Long Weekend

In broadcasting circles, I had a long weekend.

Six games in four days, including three state championship football games on Saturday at Death Valley. In a row. Outside on the photo deck. In sub-45 degree temperatures.

Made for a natural refrigerator for the food I had to take with me.

Did pretty well, all things considered. There are always temptations around in the press box, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't nibble around here or there.

I'm a lot of things. Perfect ain't one of them.

My spirits have been boosted lately by the number of people who have seen me for the first time in a while and noticed the weight loss. It's amazing how a little thing like that has such a huge effect on the ol' psyche.

Meanwhile, back to the regular grind on Monday.

Wonder what Vernon has in store for me this week?

No comments: