Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Checking In

Sorry I've been a little slow to update, but things have been a little crazy around here of late with the hiring of a new football coach and all.

Anyway, I stepped on the scales this morning for the first time since my last weigh-in day. One day before next weigh-in time. And I was down four pounds.

So, it looks like not only have I survived the past two weeks and a couple of really bad meals, but I've stayed on course and made more progress. Maybe I'm figuring out this thing after all.

I'm sure the walking helped. I mentioned the two miles I walked on Thanksgiving morning. I did another mile here at home on Sunday afternoon. I'll work out tomorrow for the first time in nine days, and should be able to get back to some semblance of a regular schedule.

It's just good to know that while I'm still not totally disciplined, my self-discipline is improving each and every week.

By the way, when I weigh in tomorrow it will be my 50th official trip to the scales.

Two weeks to go and I'll have been doing this for a year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

BOY THAT MICKEY PLYLER EATS, DRINKS, AND BREATHES CLEMSON ATHLETICS. HE JUST LOVES TO WORSHIP DABO SWINNEY. BUT HE'LL BE THE FIRST ONE CALLING FOR DABO TO BE FIRED IF HE STARTS TO STRUGGLE! CHOOSE YOUR FRIENDS WISELY, DABO!

Anonymous said...

uh, randy, the mickey plyler blog is on tigernet. this is the dan scott blog. if you have criticisms of dan scott or don "uh" munson, this is the forum for that. otherwise please go to tigernet to make fun of mickey.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I don't think this is a forum for either.

Anonymous said...

While you good old boys argue amongst yourselves I think those of us who've been following our friend Dan's progress this past year should raise a glass to the big guy who has done absolutely marvellously these past 50 weeks. More strength to you Dan and very many congratulations from this side of the pond!!
I watched the press conference 'on line' the other night and caught a brief glimpse of you while they were testing the camera and microphones, before they started, and I must say the difference in your physique was very noticable even though Julie and I saw you back in early September. Great strides in a relatively short time. Well done to Vern and John D and their undoubtedly successful methods - but most of all 'Chapeau' to you and here's to the next 100 pounds!!
Very well done...
John H
English Correspondent and sometime tabloid contributor.
See you and the girls next week!!!!