Monday, December 29, 2008

On The Road Again

Hello from Jacksonville, home of Thursday's Gator Bowl between Clemson and Nebraska.

Left the house this morning and took the scenic route all the way down, staying completely away from the Interstate. Took an extra couple of hours, but it was worth it. A nice, quiet, peaceful drive.

I used the time to try and work on my frame of mind. Christmas day was not a good one for me, food wise. Party at my sister-in-law's house and I couldn't resist splurging - especially where the fudge and Rice Krispie Treats were concerned.

I've also had a couple of bad meals along the way this week, which makes me thankful I won't be around to weigh in Wednesday.

The good news is I've pulled it together here in the last couple of days, and here at the hotel there's a gym where I can get in a couple of good workouts before we leave. Basically doing the same type of exercises I do with Vernon back home.

Plus, staying at the beach again, I'll be taking a nice stroll or two ocean-side.

Just gotta keep the diet running the way it's supposed to.

Seems this holiday season is much more difficult for me than last year, which is odd. I was just starting a year ago.

Sometimes, I wonder if I'm learning anything at all.

Then I remember yeah - I've lost 112 pounds. I've been doing something right.

Gotta keep that in mind.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is ok to have an occasional indulgence.....just stay focused on your overall lifestyle of eating healthy and exercise. I'm very impressed. A year of losing weight is awesome. Keep it up!!

Anonymous said...

Dan,

Even the most serious of dieters can't resist that holiday junk food. Don't feel guilty.

Marc