Wednesday, December 17, 2008

One Year Later...

Well, it finally happened.

After 14 straight weeks of losing weight since joining the Ultra Fit program, I had a slight stumble. In the eight days since I last weighed, I've put on two pounds.

Not the way I wanted to close the first full year of my weight loss effort. But there's nothing I can do to change it. I had a bad week. I let my comittment slip. And I paid the price.

All I can do now is pick myself up and keep moving forward.

I'll have more on the psychology of the whole thing later on. But for now, I've officially reached the end of year No. 1. And as of today, I'm 109 pounds lighter than I was way back last December.

So in the grand scheme of things, obviously I'm ecstatic with the year. I wish I had started Ultra Fit sooner, but trust me.

I plan on making up time in year two.

So here it is. The complete Year One Scoreboard:

Week One - Lost 9
Week Two - Lost 3
Week Three - Lost 3
Week Four - Lost 0
Week Five - Lost 9
Week Six - Lost 5
Week Seven - GAINED 2
Week Eight - Lost 0
Week Nine - Lost 5
Week 10 - Lost 1
Week 11 - Lost 3
Week 12 - Lost 0
Week 13 - Lost 7
Week 14 - Lost 1
Week 15 - GAINED 3
Week 16 - Lost 5
Week 17 - GAINED 3
Week 18 - Lost 4
Week 19 - Lost 3
Week 20 - Lost 0
Week 21 - Lost 6
Week 22 - No Weigh-In Due To Traveling
Week 23 - Lost 1 (Covers Week 22 as well)
Week 24 - No Weigh-In Due to Schedule Change
Week 25 - Lost 0 (Covers Week 24 as well)
Week 26 - Lost 1
Week 27 - Results thrown out due to scale malfunction
Week 28 - GAINED 1
Week 29 - No Weigh-In Due To Vacation
Week 30 - GAINED 1 (Covers Week 29 as well)
Week 31 - GAINED 2
Week 32 - Lost 6
Week 33 - GAINED 7
Week 34 - Lost 2
Week 35 - Lost 5
Week 36 - GAINED 4
Week 37 - Lost 3
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Week 38 - No Weigh-In. New Program
Week 39 - Lost 10
Week 40 - Lost 7
Week 41 - Lost 2
Week 42 - Lost 6
Week 43 - Lost 3
Week 44 - Lost 4
Week 45 - Lost 2
Week 46 - Lost 4
Week 47 - Lost 2
Week 48 - Lost 3
Week 49 - No Weigh-In Due To Traveling (Thanksgiving)
Week 50 - Lost 4 (Covers week 49 as well)
Week 51 - Lost 3
Week 52 - GAINED 2
----------------------------
One Year Total - Lost 109

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dan,
Great job. We're proud of accomplishment. The old saying of " If htere's a will there's a way" is what you've show here. I saw it in my wife's battle with cancer. With a lot of prayers and a little "will" anything can happen. Remember that the Lord helps those who help themselves and your showing it by your results and the promise you made to your wife and family. Keep up the great work.

May the Lord bless you day,
Mike Bowden

Anonymous said...

Weight loss and healthy living isn't a week-to-week commitment: it's a lifelong commitment. You've done great things for your health over the past year and as long as the trend with your weight continues to be downward, a "bad" week or two along the way will never be devastating. Motivation is the number one key and you've got plenty of it. The next year will bring upon many more great things. Stay the course!

Anonymous said...

I would like to Thank Dabo Swinney for his support as he must be a busy man and his blog shows that he is a caring and compassionate man also. I respect Dabo for his sincerity and I would like to Congratulate him for doing such a great job in turning the team in a very positive way during a chaotic time.
Dabo definately earned his position!
Congratulations Dabo for a job well done. I am excited for the future of Clemson and I know you will make us proud.
I would also like to thank Mike Bowden for his kind words towards Dan's achievements. I know it means alot to Dan and I feel like we are all part of a team working together to create success for Dan and for many others that are following Dan's progress and also working hard to achieve their goals.
Don't worry about last week Dan...I fell a few times and messed up when I trained for my first few contests. It was the struggle and the learning process that enabled me to build strength to train and win the USA. Once you get the program down pat and the momentum, then you will fly like an Eagle, my friend.
We are proud of you and we are excited about your future as I know you can take it all the way and we will be with you for every step of your journey to success.
You have the full support of the Ultra Fit team and Vernon and I.
Remember Philippians 4:13 -
"I can do all things through Christ who Strengthens Me"
Lean on us for the knowledge and your program and rely heavily on your faith to sustain your commitment.
The lord has blessed us with the ability to guide you, motivate you, train you and hold you accountable. The lord has also blessed you with the ability to look to him for strength and fortitude through the tough times.
You can do this champ.
I believe in you Dan!
Respectfully,
John DeFendis

Anonymous said...

You're doing great, Dan.

Anonymous said...

I, also, would like to congratulate Dan on a successful year!

Anonymous said...

My sincerest congratulations to your fine effort. I think you'll find change to be fulfilling and wholesome. Please, no questions!

Anonymous said...

Ouch, Barack can't spell his own name. This could be four long years. Dan, you didn't mention that W had left a message. Lame ducks get no respect.

You'll be back on track in no time. This time next year you could be at or near your final goal! How awesome would that be?

knh

Anonymous said...

******* proud of what you did!!! Keep on going. Double the effort!!! Sgt. Cater.